Gifts for a few good men in your life – and your wedding!
In the second edition of our holiday gift guide, I’ve put together a stellar list of gifts – with a twist – for the best men in your life and the best men in their lives. Instead of the usual suspects – polymer “ice cubes” and engraved beer glasses, or various other alcoholic beverage paraphernalia supposedly reserved for the male species (yeah, I disagree, too) – I’m including only super-unique items and sparing you the spam.
1. Scratch Map – For the traveler, the thrill-seeker, the explorer and expeditioner. When he travels, he can pin the spot or even scratch it like a lottery ticket! ‘Cuz travel is one of those things that makes life richer, right?
2. Beer Cap Map – While straight-up alcoholic gifts are typically appreciated, this creative bottle cap map is no cop out gift. Make a yearlong game out of completing this ultimate cross-country beer “flight”!
3. Anything remotely Star Wars related – Star Wars seems to be the common denominator that unites many men – self-professed nerd, the hipster, the jock. He will hold Star Wars in his heart forever – besides you, of course. This witty illustration of Darth Vader in a suit printed on a book page is for the classic gentleman who knows his geekdoms too. If so, you may have found yourself the perfect man 😉 Just sayin’.
4. Engraved Cutting Boards and Sushi Serving Boards – A man’s place is in the kitchen…if he happens to be an awesome cook or even just an awesome chopping helper. Whether he has a discerning eye or prefers a chuckle, these are great gift ideas.
5. A Meaningful Print – Over the years, it’s likely that your father has done all sorts of things that the unconditional love of a parent makes him do. Things you cannot even ever begin to thank him for. Solution? Give him a thoughtful, meaningful print that makes a solid attempt to convey it.
6. Sports Illustrated – Another pun-worthy, sports-centric illustration and print for the man cave. It’s clever and witty, and will show him you really get him, and love all his idiosyncrasies.
7. All-In-One iPad Case & Stand – Obviously, he’s already tapped in to all the latest gadgetry and tech – so you can be responsible for the side fixins’!
8. Personalized Soundwaves – It doesn’t get anymore heartfelt or personal than a recording of one’s voice immortalized in artistic print form. Brilliant and eye-catching.
9. Wooden Organizer – Furniture is definitely pricey but consider it a holiday-housewarming-two-birthdays-in-advance gift.
10. (Geeky) Survival Gear – Fact: Guys who love the outdoors are hard-pressed to choose which is the greater love – the outdoors or the survival gear. Why make him choose? Give your outdoor buff some survival gear with homemade coupon for a weekend in the woods. You’re welcome, guys 😉
Found a great gift idea? Struggling to find a gift for that one special person? Let me know in the comments below.